|Contact Person||:||Ms. G. Jothilakshmi, Librarian|
Email: jyotilakshmi [at] frcrce.ac.in
|Carpet Area of Library||:||400 m2|
|Reading Space of library||:||167 m2|
|Work Hours||:||Non Exam Period|
Monday - Firday 8:15 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:15 AM to 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday 8:15 AM to 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:15 AM to 4:30 PM
|Online facility||:||Attached internet Center with 35 Desktop Systems|
|No. of Books available in Library||:||31,526|
|No. of Books available in Book Bank||:||6150|
|Audio / Video Material available||:||220 DVD Covering 27 Subjects|
Important Online Library Resources:
|CRCE Main Library|
|PG Students Resource Hub - PG Pathsala|
E-Journal Subscription Links:[In-Campups Use Only]
|Science Direct [Institutional Subscription]|
|IEEE XPlore [Institutional Subscription]|
|ASME [Institutional Subscription]|
|National Digital Library|
For Any queries Contact:
| Ms. G. Jothilakshmi, Librarian|
Email: jyotilakshmi [at] frcrce.ac.in
Library committee for the Academic year 2017-2018
|Chairman||:||Dr. V.S. Jorapur|
|Convenor / Secretary||:||Ms. G. Jothilakshmi - Librarian|
|Members||:||Prof. Prasad Lalit|
Prof. Sushma Nagdeote
Prof. Supriya Kamoji
Prof. Sarika DavareMr. Amitkumar Sonawane
Ms. Triveni Naik
|Library committee meeting is conducted twice in a year.|
Available Services and Facilities
|Home Lending of Books||Open Access of Books|
|Reference and information system||Book bank scheme|
|Reservation of Books||Display of New Arrival of Books|
|Current Awareness system(CAS)||Selective dissemination of Information(SDI)|
|Reprographic Facility||Online public Access Catalogue(Web OPAC)|
|Internet Facility||E- Journals, E books|
|Bound Volume Periodicals||Display of Current content of Journals|
|Availability of Syllabus and question papers||Multimedia center|
|News paper clippings||CD’s of Technical topics|
|Wi fi facility||CCTV Facility|
|National Digital library||News papers|
General Rules and Regulations:
1. Identity card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
2. Silence to be maintained. No group discussions allowed inside the library.
3. Enter your Name and Sign in the Register kept at the Entrance.
4. Textbooks, printed materials and issued material are not allowed inside the library.
5. Use of cell phone, not allowed.
6. No library material can be allowed to take outside the library
7. Photocopying of books can be done by producing coupons, which are to be Collected from Office.
8. Documents taken out of the shelves must be left on the table. Books should not be Re shelved.
9. CIRCULATION ISSUE SYSTEMS: Books will be issued showing on ID cards. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for the damage of books while returing.
10. Two books are issued for B.E students for one week and for M.E students, 4 books are issued. Students can renew the book once.
11. OVERDUE CHARGES: Materials borrowed should be returned on or before the due date mentioned in the due date slip, if returned late overdue fine will be collected.
12. BOOK LOST: If the book is lost, the borrower should replace the new book or pay Double cost of the book.
13. LOSS OF ID CARD: Loss of ID card should be reported to Librarian immediately. Duplicate ID card may be issued by paying Rs.140/-
14. The Librarian may recall any book at any time. The Librarian may recall any book at any time.
15. Anyone who violates the rules and regulations may be debarred from using the Library.
Library is subscribing around 49 print Journals and Magazines.
WEB-OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue) - Books can be accessed online through college website under “ CRCE Main Library” 24x7
Resource Sharing & Inter Library Loan:
Resource Sharing does not merely mean mutual sharing of informatio sources among libraries and it will mean utilizing information resources of one library for generating services of another library.
- DELNET (Developing Library Network)
- Membership with IIT, Central Library, Powai.
- ACCMI- (Association of Catholic Christian Minority Institution )
Library databsases is shared among Libraries under ILL. Document delievery services is one of the popular services of DELNET. The main objective of Resources sharing among member libraries by collecting, storing, and disseminating information and by offering network services to users; to undertake scientific research in the area of Information science and technology.
Our institution has membership with IIT Central Library, Powai. Students and Staff Members can visit IIT Central Library,Powai and use the resources available in the Library.
Students can avail the Library facility of any of our Minority Institution. Libraries such as XIE Mahim, St.John Palghar, DBIT Kurla, SFIT Borivali, Fr.Agnel Vashi by using your Identity card.
Book Bank Facility:
Book Bank facility is available for all Students starting from III sem to VIII sem. Two or more books are distributed for students every semester.Books are issued for one semester and book bank books should be returned after the completion of the semester. No money is collected for the above service.
National Digital Library:
Our institution has membership National Digital Library. NDL is being arranged to provide support for all academic levels including Research , and Life long learners in all disciplines.
Library Enhancement: QR Codes
QR codes are created for online E journals. Students can access the E journal from their mobiles using the QR codes without visiting the college website.
NPTEL (National programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) is a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc. Through this initiative, they offer online courses and certification in various topics.
The main objective of the NPTEL is to enhance the quality of Engineering and science education in the Country by developing contents for UG/PG using video and web based course.
The Main Features of NPTEL:
- The course enrollment and learning is free, while the exam comes for a Nominal Fee.
- The courses are offered by the IITs, IMSc Faculties.
- At the end of the course, Exam is conducted and students get certificate.
Fr.Conceicao Rodrigues college of Engineering has been approved as a NPTEL Local Chapter.
Top Scorers Of NPTEL Exams
|1||Jaydeep Mansukhbhai Ranoliya||Student||84% Elite|
|2||Mr.Chinmay Todankar||Student||80% Elite|
|3||Dhananjay kumar Ojha||Student||78% Elite|
|1||Sunil Dilip chaudhari||Faculty||93% Elite+Gold|
|2||Sunil Dilip Chaudhari||Faculty||79% Elite|
|3||Veerabhadrarao Miriyala||Faculty||78% Elite|
|1||Sunil Dilip Chaudhari||Faculty||92% Elite+Gold|
|2||Sahil Vasan||Student||91% Elite+Gold|
|3||Pradeep Singh||Faculty||90% Elite+Gold|
|4||Veerabhadrarao Miriyala||Faculty||85% Elite Topper Of The Course|
First year students are given orientation, regarding the Library rules, services and facilities when they come for First Year.
Students are taken to Library batch wise on seperate days and students are taken on Library Tour, informing them about various sections, services and rules to be followed in Library. Students are make to visit Internet centre and are informed about the cyber rules to be followed in Internet centre.
Book exhibition is conducted every year since 2008. Students and Staff Members visits exhibition every year, and lucky draw is conducted among the visitors and books are distributed as Prizes.