On the occasion of 60th Anniversary of the Agnel Technical Education Complex, Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering, Bandra is hosting a Tech Hackathon “UNSCRIPT” for the very first time on the 24th and 25th of March, 2018.
Hackathons, which are a quick route for idea generation, have been surging in popularity for various reasons in recent years. A hackathon is defined as an event where teams of experts and advisers come together to collaboratively build and launch new ideas. No longer are they confined to the IT sector. More than the lure of awards, participants are excited by the chance to learn and collaborate, be recognized by peers, enable social change, and network extensively.
Unscript is an inter-collegiate Hackathon which revolves around designing and developing projects based on the given problem statements. A comprehensive technology, Hackathon “UNSCRIPT” will provide a platform and an opportunity for coders, technologists and everyone enthusiastic about Web development and Mobile development to widen their horizons and develop professionalism of students and young budding engineers.
The registration process will begin from 3rd March, 2018. The Public Relations team will promote the event and put up posters in various colleges across Mumbai also Posters/Brochures will be mailed to the TPO's of various colleges across Maharashtra. An Event teaser was released on You Tube and publicized across all social media.
The registration link is available on the event official website www.unscript2k18.me and the last date for registration is 18th March, 2018.
- Click on Register Now on the offcial website to enroll.
- No fee for any of the Events.2) No fee for any of the Events.
- Fill out all the fields in the registration form.
- Team size is limited to four students. They can be from different colleges and from any of the disciplines.
- Teams will be shortlisted based on their entries and past track record of projects, internships and hackthon as submitted in the registration form. After initial short listing the second round of evaluation would be Telephonic interview based on which we will be announcing top 40 teams.
- The List of Shortlisted teams will be displayed on the official website also respective team leaders will receive a confirmation mail and phone call.
- Shortlisted Teams will have to produce a bonafide letter duly stamped and signed by their Principal on the day of event.
- Participants will have to carry their own laptops and Extension boards and Valid ID cards
- Free Meals and snacks on both days will be served by the college at the venue for all participants.
Problem statements for the hackathon will be announced on the day of event. A cap is set on the total number of teams that can attempt each problem statement and a link will be then distributed to all team leaders at the same time to enter their preference for an even and unbiased distribution of the Problem statement.
We have mentors from Tata Consultancy Services, Google Business Group, our college alumni and professors as well as online assistance from ATOS who will share their feedback and directions with the participants.
There will be two round of evaluation carried out, First on day one at 6:00 PM where the teams will be evaluated based on the design process and the approach to the problem, Second on day two at 8:00 AM based on the technology used and the work completion.
Grand Finale:Based on the aggregate scores of two rounds of evaluation, Top 10 teams will be given 15 minutes each to prepare a quick presentation and demonstrate their work done in front of the judges panel from TCS.
Teams will be judged on the following criteria
- Fitting the problem: How well did the solution solve the problem statement?
- Technical elegance of the solution: How simply does the team solve a complex problem?
- Completeness: How much did the team build and demonstrate?
- Presentation: How well was the team able to communicate the concept?
- FIRST PRIZE: Medals and a cheque of Rs 25,000/-
- SECOND PRIZE: Medals and a cheque of Rs 15,000/-
- THIRD PRIZE: Medals and a cheque of Rs 10,000/-
- Additionally, all participants will get a participation certificate
One or more teams from the Top 10, may stand a chance to bag internship offer from TCS.
Other contest alongside the event:
The one who tweets the most about the event using hashtags #Unscript #FRCRCE #hackathon.
Prize: Jetbrains Licensed SDK worth 200$.
GitHub Maximum Commit Contest:
The one who performs maximum code commits throughout the two days event.
Prize: Gift Voucher worth Rupees Two Thousand.
Our Technology Partners:
TCS, ATOS, Google Business Group, Github, Jetbrains
Our Food Partner is:
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering
Fr Agnel Ashram,
Bandstand, Bandra (W),
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400 050.
Student Chapters Involved:
Mozilla Campus Club, Codelabs
Prof. Mahesh SharmaProf. Mahendra Mehra